If you are interested in getting recruited to play college sports, here are some steps you can take:
1. Start early: The recruiting process for college sports can start as early as freshman year of high school, so it's important to start preparing as soon as possible.
2. Be proactive: Don't wait for college coaches to find you. Reach out to coaches, attend showcases, camps, and tournaments, and create a highlight reel to showcase your skills.
3. Be realistic: While it's important to aim high, it's also important to be realistic about your skill level and the level of competition you can compete at. Make a list of colleges that fit your athletic and academic goals.
4. Keep up with your academics: College coaches are not just looking for athletes who can perform on the field but also students who can excel in the classroom. Make sure you're keeping up with your grades and taking challenging courses.
5. Be coachable: College coaches are looking for athletes who are not only talented but also coachable. Show your willingness to work hard, take feedback, and improve your skills.
6. Stay focused and committed: The recruiting process can be long and frustrating, but staying focused and committed to your goals is important. Keep working hard and stay positive; eventually, you will find the right college fit for you.
If you would like to learn more about playing sports in college, don't hesitate to contact PEAK today.